Learn about Lake Anne Elementary!
- Our mission is to inspire students and ignite their curiosity for learning; so they lead healthy, ethical lives, and grow into responsible and innovative global citizens.
- We encourage our students to follow the three R's of our Positive Behavior Program: Respect Themselves; Respect Others and Respect Property. Our staff, parents, business partners, and community all work together as we build success for our students.
- Our general education program is complemented by an optional Spanish language partial-immersion program, which provides language instruction simultaneously with instruction in mathematics, science, and health. Approximately 55% of the student population is enrolled in the popular and innovative program. Teams of immersion teachers from across the county and the US visit our model Spanish Immersion program.
- The Lake Anne staff also believes that arts education is an integral part of every child growing up. Art is everywhere at Lake Anne and visitors frequently remark on the beautiful artwork made by our students. The staff believes that arts education plays a major role in developing creative and higher level thinking skills, understanding the core curriculum, reaching at-risk students, and providing alternative avenues for learning.
- Our mobile laptop carts enable flexibility in curricular projects for individual classrooms and grade levels. An active PTA enhances the instructional program by offering cultural arts experiences, field trips, GRACE Art, Mad Science, Odyssey of the Mind, Lego League, Artist in Residence programs, and an array of other after-school activities for students. The active PTA also provides countless hours of volunteer support.
FCPS School Profile
View our policies and procedures regarding attendance, as well as our link to our attendance form, where parents can submitted student absences online.
WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST TODAY?
WHAT'S FOR LUNCH TODAY?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.